HDS Awards Dr. Mary Pergiovanni with 2017 James & Ella Burr McManus Award
Wednesday, May 24, 2017
In front of approximately eight-five colleagues and guests, the Hartford Dental Society (HDS) honored Dr. Mary Pergiovanni of Portland, CT, (pictured on left, next to President Dr. Tori Sager) on Thursday, May 18, 2017, with the HDS Dr. James & Ella Burr McManus Award, at the organization's 120th Annual Banquet held at the Pond House in West Hartford.
The award’s namesakes were both philanthropic and dedicated to advancing the profession of dentistry through their service. Award eligibility includes being an HDS member in good-standing, and having made a significant contribution to dentistry in areas of education, community service, patient care or legislative/political areas.
Stated President, Dr. Tori Sager, "The 2017 honoree certainly has achieved this criteria, and her nomination application rings true in that, 'Dr. Pergiovanni has been amazing in her service to others, both in Connecticut and in other countries.' ”
Dr. Pergiovanni practices in Rocky Hill, CT, and her career highlights include:
• Participation in 31 international dental and medical mission projects, with an additional two pilgrimages to Lourdes, France, to care for the sick.
• Licensed as a registered nurse and providing dental care at The South Park Inn and Immaculate Conception Shelters in Hartford.
• Serving as the founder and director of "Little Friends International", a nonprofit organization for dental, medical, and educational needs, and an active volunteer with the Connecticut Mission of Mercy.
• Serving as a Trustee of the CSDA Foundation and as a faculty member at the UConn School of Dental Medicine
• Recipient of several local, state and national recognitions
Congratulations to Dr. Mary Pergiovanni!